Like A Slice Through The Night

Halloween is coming, and you know what that means:  I’m late with setting up the next Pizza Club meeting.  Well, I went to my data, about which day is the best for Pizza, and then I looked at it, got tired, took a nap, and three days later I’m writing this garbage.  Needless to say I’ve picked a day which suits me the best, this coming Friday.  If you can make it, awesome, Pizza Club will be blessed by your presence.  If you have plans, cancel them, because there is nothing more important than you attendance at Pizza Club.

The location has yet to be determined, we heard rumors of a good place called Fast Eddies, but that means nothing to me.  I go where the Pizza is the finest.  Another option that was mentioned is Boston Gourmet.  Apparently they don’t serve only Pizza, but that’s all I’m going to order.  (Unless it’s Pizza – type breadsticks.)

Feel free to comment (or die) — and look here.

27 comments for “Like A Slice Through The Night

October 16, 2006 at 1:33 pm

The best lover in Pizza Club will definitely be there, seeing as how he has no one lined up to love that night…or any night.

Anyways, I suggest that anyone who doesn’t show up get a head start on your way out of the country because I’m probably going to hunt you down. Say, for example, if Scooter (who I use as an example because he’d never ever never miss Pizza Club) were to skip out to help someone move when Saturday afternoon is a perfectly good time to move someone, I would probably break his knees. But that’s all hypothetical, because Scooter will be there. Right?

And remember:

If you need some lovin’, I’m your muffin.

October 16, 2006 at 1:41 pm

Lovin’ and muffin dont rhyme.

I am in for Friday.

We need some more video games. Please make this your #1 priority over the next few days.

3. Randi
    October 16, 2006 at 2:20 pm

I will in attendance on Friday, however I would like to suggest an alternate pizza eatery for two reasons:

1) It is my understanding that this hallowed club is so hallowed because we refrain from the (da-da-da) unholy chain pizza joints. (With, of course, the exception of Rocky Rococo’s. And I’m only allowing that one becuase TJ and Adro will have hissy fits if it’s not allowed.)

2) Boston’s pizza isn’t good.

Here are some alternates that we should ponder before we desecrate the sacredness of the Pizza Club by stepping foot in a (da-da-da) chain pizza joint.

1) Pizza Luce in Uptown (Though, I think almost everyone has sampled this tasty pie, it’s really good and Pizza Club is about good pizza.)

2) Dulono’s Pizza in Uptown. It’s also a music venue, that has purportedly fantastic pizza that Bob Dylan mentions in a song.(http://tinyurl.com/yyu4l7)

3) Joey D’s Chicago Style Pizza. It doesn’t have seating so we’d have to order and pick it up, but it’s not that far from Pizza Club Headquarters. (http://tinyurl.com/ychvpa)

So that’s my opintion. What’s yours?

October 16, 2006 at 2:27 pm

Yeah Botson’s = poo.

5. October 16, 2006 at 2:29 pm

I’m going to veto Pizza Luce, solely on the fact that I have eaten there no less than 800 times. I love Joey D’s, and I would eat there any time. We had an impromptu Pizza Club meeting at the first day of the new Headquarters, and that’s what we ordered, but I’m pretty good with getting it again. I have not heard of Dulono’s Pizza, but Bob Dylan is old, and probably senile, so I’m not sure if that means anything. Certainly something to consider though.

6. October 16, 2006 at 3:42 pm

Kristi Dezek
    to tj

Count us in. Looking forward to it since we’ve missed the last couple!

Enter the Dezek’s.

7. wwarneck
    October 16, 2006 at 8:47 pm

pizza club should embrace my attendance tbqh.

October 17, 2006 at 8:47 am

Dulono’s sounds lovely. I think I heard a lot of bikers frequent the joint.

October 17, 2006 at 9:05 am

Lovin’ and muffin kinda almost rhyme, plus I was referring to the “love muffin” moniker that some people use. I may have just made “love muffin” up, but if I didn’t, it makes perfect sense. I was going to go with “If you need some lovin’, I’m your muffin…ass”. Maybe that would appeal more to your exclusive tastes, Adro.

Also, a friend told me about some place that is supposed to have amazing pizza, but I can’t remember the name of the place. It was in St. Paul if that helps–I think.

October 17, 2006 at 11:09 am

/me yawns

October 17, 2006 at 1:07 pm

Without a name, we’re SOL buddy

12. Julie
    October 18, 2006 at 5:01 pm

I agree that Saturday is a good day to help people move, unless they are moving on a Friday night…. This is unfortunately the case. As a result, Scott (aka Scooter) and I won’t be able to come this month.

13. October 19, 2006 at 7:44 am

We’re sad to hear that Julie, but thank you for having the courage to let us know what the real truth is, as opposed to hiding in the shadows and not answering any of my instant messages.

Hopefully next time will be better, and there will be more than a week’s notice of the event.

14. wwarneck
    October 20, 2006 at 7:50 am

This is quite the comments thread. How’s it going in here?

15. Randi
    October 20, 2006 at 9:23 am

P is for pizza and pizza is for me!

October 20, 2006 at 1:33 pm

so i called the pizza place
    and they have a band
    tonight, so it’s going to be busy
    so they say get there ASAP.
    but they don’t take reservations

17. erica
    October 22, 2006 at 12:29 pm

another idea for next time:

Pizza Pie & I
    Restaurant, Pizza
    Send to Phone 0.45 miles
    4205 E 34TH St
    Minneapolis, MN

October 22, 2006 at 7:22 pm

Here is a place we were planning on suggesting as well:

2308 West 50th Street, Minneapolis.

They have a kick ass italian restaurant across the street that we’ve been to many a time. This is their take-out and pizza joint that we heard is pretty good too.

October 22, 2006 at 7:24 pm

Here is the pizzaaaaaaa menu. I’m all about the goat cheese. mmmmm goats.

October 24, 2006 at 10:02 am

Didnt you quit PC, scooter?

October 24, 2006 at 12:19 pm

No, unlike Schulte I have a deep commitment to PC. Against Phil’s wishes I will be attending the next PC. Also against his wishes, Phil and I will be coming out of the closet, together.

October 25, 2006 at 8:04 am

Scooter! I told you not to say anything. You’re going to ruin your marriage and my chances at getting delicious meals prepared for me every night by Rachael Ray.

And for those of you who were actually at Pizza Club and stayed til the end (and are named Erica), go to hell. I didn’t let you peruse my phone to make me feel bad about my sad existence. And thanks for not helping me with that girl at Dulono’s. I appreciated going home alone.

October 25, 2006 at 1:24 pm

I need some company….gorgeous company!

October 25, 2006 at 3:04 pm

HAHAHAHAH SERVED.

I want you all to myself Phil, I’m just jealous.

October 26, 2006 at 6:37 am

I know you’re jealous, but I can’t stay tied down to one woman.

Also, that line may have been lame, but it did what it was intended to do, and that’s all that matters.

26. Randi
    October 26, 2006 at 8:56 am

Man, good times, good times. Good times were had by all at pizza club this week. Dulono’s is the 2nd best pizza. Mamma’s is still first in my book.

October 27, 2006 at 1:41 pm