Help us Pizza Club – you’re our only hope!

What say you Pizza Club, do we stand up to this, our first Pizza request?! The month of May is upon us, and we have as yet, no place to go, and no day to do it! So tell us faithful members, when you are available for this brave adventure.

to welovepizza@pizza-club.com
date May 1, 2007 3:16 PM
subject Help us Pizza Club – you’re our only hope!
mailed-by monster.schulte.org

Every day I drive down Lyndale and back… Every day I go past Beek’s King of Pizza at 53rd and Lyndale.

Is it good? Do they deserve the title of “King of Pizza”? Why do I never see anyone enter or leave?

I would investigate on my own, but I am merely one person. How could I try a broad enough array of pizza toppings and adult beverages to make an informed decision? Who would take care of my family if a sharp piece of crust went right through my eye, killing me instantly?

But you — you are legion. You have the manpower, will and expertise to explore this unknown pizza vendor. Maybe some of you will even make it out alive to tell me whether I should pick up a pizza on my way home from work.

Help us, Pizza Club!

-Chris

12 comments for “Help us Pizza Club – you’re our only hope!

May 1, 2007 at 10:42 pm

There is also a Beeks in SLP. Phil may be an expert on it. I have only had it once, along with TJ and Adro when we ordered it during the lan party in which I got rocked in proball. I thought it was alright, and would be willing to give it a try again.

May 2, 2007 at 8:11 am

It’s a pretty good pizza, although whenever my parents got it for dinner I was a little disappointed. My main problem is that we always got thin crust, and I’m not even sure if there are other options. And unlike a normal thin crust that may not have much excess crust around the outer edge, Beeks offers a good deal of outer crust that is so thin and crispy that upon biting in it immediately explodes into flakes and vaporizes.

The other problem is the lack of structural elements like sauce and cheese. There is not an abundance of either at Beeks, which is readily apparent by the fact that slices are literally 1/16″ thick. Okay, you got me, not literally, but physically they’re 1/16 of an inch.

As far as toppings, I’m not really sure what they have. My parents only got sausage, and occasionally sausage with mushrooms. But the toppings are large and extremely real.

Although I have no knowledge or experience to base this on, I believe this is what the original pizzas were like when the Italians invented them millions of years ago. So if you want to try what I believe would be a traditional pizza (keeping in mind I have no idea what that is), Beeks is the place to go. I recommend at least trying it because I haven’t been anywhere that is similar to Beeks, and it’s a pretty good pizza.

May 3, 2007 at 12:38 pm

As far as I know, I’m available on the last two weekends of the month.

4. Randi
    May 3, 2007 at 2:09 pm

Warning to Pizza Club members:
    Don’t literally love your pizza or you will get Hepatitis.

Having Pizza club on Memorial weekend would be ungood.

5. erica
    May 9, 2007 at 12:58 pm

unfortunately we’re out of town the weekend of the 18th. Does the 26th work at all?!

May 10, 2007 at 8:14 am

Julie and I would most likely be camping memorial weekend. Ungood for us as well.

7. May 10, 2007 at 8:14 am

Who would be unavailable to attend if it were Memorial weekend?

May 10, 2007 at 12:17 pm

I doubt I could come Memorial weekend. I could make the sacrifice and drive home early because I’m sure I’ll be sick of everyone by Saturday night, but I’ll most likely be out of town ’til at least Sunday, longer if I get lost in the woods and eaten by wolves and/or bears. I can always hope.

9. Randi
    May 14, 2007 at 12:14 pm

I could do the 26th (Friday of memorial weekend) but not likely the other nights.

May 14, 2007 at 3:04 pm

I’m in

11. Sarah
    May 15, 2007 at 6:38 am

Pete and I would be out for memorial day weekend. But we’re totally free THIS weekend.

May 15, 2007 at 9:46 am

Julie and I can make it if it is the Friday of memorial weekend.